As some of you may remember, one way to keep true to your resolutions is to be accountable, share them with other people, give them weekly updates. So, here I am with a weekly update for you guys!
I had four goals for last week:
- Meet my water goal daily
- Measure all of my food
- Track all of my food (using MyFitnessPal and my Erin Condren Wellness Journal)
- Take 2 mile long walks daily
I hit every single of of those goals except for one day. I wasn’t able to get my water intake up and I didn’t track my food. I was really busy that day. I drove for about four hours total that day running errands and getting some things done for my parents who were out of town! Other than that, I smashed every goal every day! I was very proud of myself this week.
This week I challenged myself by coming up with four new goals for myself:
- Follow more blogs – I want to follow more of you guys, get to know you, make some blogging friends. So, if you have a blog that you would like for me to check out, please leave your link below. I’d love to check it out!
- Measure all food – I did carry this goal over from last week. While I measured a lot of my food, I didn’t measure everything. For example, some of the recipes I’m using are very hard to measure because they don’t have specific serving sizes or even calories on them, so I want to make sure I’m more diligent with figuring out serving sizes and calories for recipes. I also wanted to share with you guys that MyFitnesPal has a great recipe calculator that I have been using. It has really helped me out.
- Do some form of exercise, other than walking the dogs, 3x per week. I have been getting my exercise in, but it has been in the form of walking my dogs. I gave myself a week to get acclimated to working out and being more physically active, now it’s time to step it up a notch.
- Lastly, I want to follow my cleaning schedule better. I have been falling behind on my cleaning and laundry. I want to make sure that I am staying on top of it so it doesn’t pile up.
These goals are a little different than last week. My goals last week were very weight loss motivated, mostly because that is one of my big goals for this year, but I want to stay true to my word of this year, overcome. One thing I want to overcome is my laziness and procrastination. By setting goals outside of weight loss as well as weight loss related goals, I think that I can stay true to meeting my goals!
So, the most exciting news for this week, I am down 2 pounds! I know it isn’t much, but it just goes to show you that if you work hard and you are keeping true to your goals, you will succeed! I am so excited for this coming week to crush my goals again! If anyone out there is wanting to lose weight and you are stuck on where to start, comment below or follow me on Fitbit or MyFitnessPal and we can get through this together.
As always, don’t forget to leave comments below about how you did on your first week with your New Year’s Resolutions and what your goals are for the coming week! We look forward to hearing from you!