Today I wanted to share one of our favorite recipes with you, spaghetti and meat sauce! This recipe is a staple in our house because it’s easy and quick to make, really tasty, and not super expensive. Here is the recipe:
- 1 lb of Spaghetti noodles, obviously – We like to use the Barilla Callezione Spaghetti because it’s a little bit thicker and holds the sauce really well.
- 64oz of any spaghetti sauce and 8oz of Italian tomato paste – We love Figaretti’s Spaghetti Sauce because it is low in sodium (only 230mg or 10% daily value) and it is really delicious, it just tastes really fresh. We get ours from our local grocery store, but you can order online clicking their link above. I love a lot of sauce on my spaghetti and this sauce is just a little to thin for my liking, so we add italian seasoned tomato paste to it and some italian seasoning. We mix it all together on the stove and there you have it! Delicious, custom spaghetti sauce!
- 1 lb 80/20 Ground beef – You can use the ground beef for meat sauce or go crazy and make some meatballs!
- 2 TBSP of any Italian seasoning
- Parmesan Cheese (optional) – Because what is spaghetti really if you don’t add a bit of cheese?!
- Crescents (optional) – I love crescents with my spaghetti because they soak up the sauce so well, and they’re flaky and buttery and just flat out delicious!
First, you want to get all of your ingredients together, this meal is very quick and easy to make, it’s so much easier to just have everything laid out.
Next, get your water boiling in your pasta pot and get some olive oil (about a tablespoon) in your large skillet to start heating up. Once your oil has heated up enough, put your ground beef into the hot pan and break it up with a spatula or wooden spoon. Keep your ground beef on the stove until it has browned fully, and the pieces are sized to your liking.
Bring your water to a rolling boil and dump your spaghetti into the pot. If you’d like, you can break your spaghetti in half to make it all fit into the pot, I prefer to keep mine long. After about a minute, the lower half of the pasta will be soft enough that you can flex the ends sticking out of the pot down into the boiling water.
Now, you’ll want to get started on your pasta sauce, the easiest way to heat up your sauce is to throw it into a sauce pan and get it on the stove just long enough to get it warm. I like to keep mine on the stove until it starts to bubble lightly, after all the sauce and extra seasoning has been incorporated together.
Once your ground beef has browned fully, remove it from the heat and strain it to get all the excess oil off of the meat. Do the same thing for your noodles, once you’ve given them a taste and they’re the perfect al dente, strain the water off of them and I like to add a little drizzle of olive oil to them, so they’re easier to manipulate for leftovers!
Last but not least, you want to incorporate everything together in a large bowl or serving dish! First, I like to mix my sauce. Start by taking your strained ground beef and pouring it into your heated up spaghetti sauce, mix well. Next, get your spaghetti into your large bowl or serving dish, then pour your sauce over the noodles. If you’re a cheese freak like me, top it off with some grated parmesan and if you’re feeling fancy, some Italian seasoning or maybe even some fresh basil!
I know this was a super simple recipe, but we wanted to share it with you because it really is one of our favorites, especially with our favorite spaghetti sauce! I’m telling you, a great sauce is what makes this dish so delicious. I hope you guys enjoyed this little tutorial and if you’ve tried Figaretti’s spaghetti sauce, let us know in the comments below! We’d love to hear if you love it as much as we do!
*All opinions on the products in this post are my own. I am not being compensated in any way to promote these products.*